>>> Twitch.tv watch link: go here. <<<
With the addition of instancing, Root needs a place where players can gather together to chat & trade. I'm going to open this up to the community to allow you to design & create Root's new Social Club!
- The social club is a small area, somewhere between 2x2 regions on the small side, to 3x3 regions on the large size. 2x3 regions is also fine. [a region is a collection of 16x16 tiles, as defined by the loc command. Details]
- You can create it in your pocket universe, in the wilderness, in a town, or wherever you like
- If your Social Club is selected, I will be copying your blocks, so you will be free to re-use them later for something else.
- The Social Club should be self-contained - no links or roads to other locations (other than a space for a telepad to link to Root where players will arrive and leave from (you don't need to purchase the telepad, just leave a space for one)).
- When copied, the Social Club will appear as a pocket universe with blackness on the edges outside the region boundaries
- On that note, please design with region boundaries in mind -- ie, don't have a building hanging off the edge of your social club
- There will be two winners - one for Primary, and one for Potato (different social club for each server!)
- Each winner will receive a Gold/Plat Pack Token that includes 5,500 gold and 39 platinum (equivalent of the $24.99 pack)
- On Wednesday afternoon, we'll do a livestream where we check out all the entries, and possibly even announce the winner & install the new social club in Root
- Contest will run until the start of the livestream on Wednesday afternoon
- No purchase necessary to enter
- If an entry has blocks by multiple players, the mayor is the one who will win the prize
- Enter by posting a comment to this blog post that includes 1) your in-game name, 2) coordinate to teleport to view your entry (get them by typing /loc), 3) Size of your entry (ie, 2x2 regions), 4) Server your entry is on (Primary or Potato)
Tune In to Wednesday's Livesteam
Wednesday's Livesteam (where we review the entries) happens at 2PM Pacific.
- You can join us on Twitch.tv here.
- Convert 2PM Pacific to your local timezone
- Add to Calendar: iCal
- Add to Calendar: Steam (join community group for a popup at 2pm)
- Add to Calendar: Facebook