This weekend I participated in the HOGJam gamejam at REACTOR. The theme of this weekend was Perseverance. While most teams had a couple people, our team ended up having eleven people! This led to everyone else calling our team 'the big ass team,' and we rolled with the name. Even though we had so many people, we were able to create a cohesive game that's pretty neat.
In our game, you are a team of two rock climbers trying to reach the top of the mountain. Each player has normal movement buttons, a persevere button, and a let-go button. The let-go button can be used to swing, but be sure your friend is tapping their persevere button or you'll both go flying off the mountain! How high can you reach?
- You will want a second player to join you
- Keyboard controls:
Player 1: Movement WASD, Q let-go, E persevere
Player 2: Movement arrow keys, Enter let-go, Spacebar persevere
- You can also plug in two game controllers and use those instead of keyboard
- Persevere must be tapped repeatedly to reach maximum grip -- but if someone is hanging off you it will decrease, and it will decrease much faster over time.
- Game is designed to be played in 16:9 resolution (ie, 1280x720, 1920x1080, etc), but will probably work in whatever.
- The scream audio is the dev team actually screaming (recorded at 2am in a closet with the lights off :P)
Windows exe download (md5sum: d222f9bec102f67ac7512d8cc8a1382f)
It's been a fun weekend, and I'll be back to work as usual tomorrow on 8bit