Working on a new hammer weapon... so far all it does is say "HAMMER TIME!" x_x
A popular request has been ammo purchasable separately from weapons. I am now testing this change on Potato, and if it's stable, expect to see it on Primary tomorrow.
- Ammo can be bought separately
- Weapons no longer self-delete on reaching zero ammo
- Prevent purchasing another weapon when that weapon already exists in the inventory (this simplifies weapon management, since each weapon item can have its own unique ammo count, and it'd be easy to get mixed up)
- Weapon's ammo level now properly saves/loads
- x10 buttons removed for weapon folder
- Pixel Pistol now does 3 damage - combined with low ammo cost, hopefully this makes it more appealing for use
Introducing CalcMMO! The world's first (and hopefully last) TI-83 Graphing Calculator themed massively multiplayer game!
- Finally, learning math is fun! Attack EVIL POLYNOMIAL FUNCTIONS with your KNOWLEDGE STICK.
- Upgrade your graphs with POWERful new variables (MATH PUN! SEE YOU ARE ALREADY LEARNING!)
- Experience the power and mystique of cutting edge calculator gameplay on your home personal computer.
- Manually retype BASIC programs during homeroom since your Trig teacher resets all the calculators ever since Jake cheated on the midterm!
- Become a Linear Function and hunger after delicious human meatflesh.
- Amazing two color graphics! Oh wait, that looks grayscale. Is this actually TI-84 graphics? Radical! (ANOTHER MATH PUN!)
- That was the last math pun.
'I mathed three times, and by the third time, I lost most feeling to my left leg.' -Jim
'a^2 + b^2 = c^2' - Pythagoras
'This has no educational value whatsoever' -Teachers Everywhere
'I have no idea what is happening right now' -All 8BitMMO Players
You can play CalcMMO today on 8BitMMO.net.
We also updated our Steam page for this event - you can see a saved copy of it here.
CalcMMO has no association with and is not endorsed by Texas Instruments. This is a joke. TI please don't bomb us.
Special thanks to our crack team of MIT engineer for the datacenter photo!
Today's update brings a number of nice things:
- Laser Rifles -- charge them up and fire... but don't charge them too long
- Active item window sizes around the active item (wide item support)
- Muted players can no longer whisper to anyone
- If you /ignore a player, you will no longer see whispers from them
- Use /nearby or /n to chat to players near you without the entire server seeing your text. IRC will still see it though.
- Fixed bug where players would respawn in the same place if there was only one place to respawn
- Pixel Pistol is half the cost
Well, I'm off to the Game Developer's Conference all next week to do Business. Before I go, I'll leave you with two teasers.
1) Autocap v2 is the new map system. Unlike autocap v1, now it will be fully automated, and with any luck, the map should update by itself roughly once a week (instead of once per six months :P). Kartud has been working hard on this, and we hope to have something running by the end of next next week.
2) I've been working on a new weapon, the Laser Rifle. It will have a range and hit effect like the laser turret (and I may be balancing upwards the laser turret's damage too). To balance out its range and firepower, it will have a reload sequence between shots -- so make each one count.
- Fixed bug where you sometimes got stuck between two open doors
- Fix for ghost blocks
The 2k Expansion Block has been delivered to backers of the Mega fundraiser from a couple months ago -- check your inboxes if I haven't already caught you online.
The block increases the maximum number of objects of a region from 1,000 blocks to 2,000 blocks. I didn't want to release this previously due to performance concerns, but after the recent performance improvements, I'm looking forward to seeing how the engine handles such demands. If it performs well, then this might be available in the store one day.
PS - Tarkus, if you're reading this, I don't have an e-mail for you, so please get in touch and I'll trade the blocks to your account.
You can now build Laser Turrets!
The laser turret is tied into the current town PVP setting, and may fire at players when they approach:
- /townpvp off - Defensive mode, turrets will fire at non-citizens
- /townpvp on - PVP mode, turrets fire at everyone
- /townpvp bounty - PVP mode, turrets fire at everyone
- /townpvp dungeon - turrets fire at everyone
- /townpvp safe - (NEW) Safe mode, turrets fire at no one
- Wilderness - turrets fire at everyone
Depending on town mode, the turret may take damage if a player attacks it. If so, the turret will go offline for a while before reinitializing. (The turret does not get destroyed by damage, only temporarily disabled).
Laser Turrets are available to Level 5 players for 5 plat in Shop > Traps.