Today's update brings eight new plastics:
There's also in-game support for Spanish now thanks to Chris_Ramos! Website translations should be uploaded soon.
Merry Bitmas everybody! We all opened our Bitmas gifts together:
Afterwards, in true holiday spirit, there was a zombie outbreak and everyone killed each other 😛
<SnakeZXZ> Wow this christmas party took a turn
Speaking of Bitmas gifts, asedita1 sent me a pretty amazing one! Check out this 3D Printed 8BitMMO set & poem. Awesome asedita1, thanks so much!
Aww, thanks! And I really appreciate everyone's kind wishes at /tele bitmas as well:
You guys are the best. A Merry Bitmas to everyone! <3
After months of development and testing, the Transponder system is now available to all players to try on Primary server!
Transponders let you build & defend a base from an invading horde of monsters (and other players). You'll receive gold & EXP for participating in a match, and an even larger amount if you win the match.
To get started, build a base layout in your pocket that protects the transponder. Note mobs WILL destroy blocks when the transponder is activated! More advanced construction blocks will have higher defensive HP, so plan accordingly. The attacking force scales to your character's level, so it should be a challenge regardless of if you're a new player or an old one.
Once you're happy with your pocket fortress, use the Transponder to summon an invading force. If you want to fight against another player, you can ask them to use the new CombatPad in root at the same time.
At the end of the match, all participants will be given gold & exp based on how the match goes. If you want to instantly rebuild any lost blocks, type /restorelist
Take the new telepad in root to meet Dracoclaus. He'll be giving out Bitmas Gifts for the next few days.
Special thanks to Grim & Asedita for the Bitmas area!
Transponders are now available for everyone to test on Potato server! Please let me know about any bugs.
- Fixed issue where transponders wouldn't be attacked from the left if they were on a 1x1 tile platform
- Fixed transponder permissions bug where anyone could activate transponder
- Transponder now publicly available for purchase in Dungeon category
- It is now possible to insta-rebuild destroyed blocks from a transponder match. Via /restorelist, you can get a list of the five most recent matches and how many blocks were destroyed in each. With /restorelimbo, you can restore destroyed blocks from a given match. Currently the cost for this is 1 plat per instant rebuild. (Shown in the video at 4:56)
- Super fancy UI for when starting & finishing match (check it out in the video at 4:26)
- Fixed bug where mobs would attack other attackers
- Match observers should not be targeted or be able to cause damage to mobs
- Block HP now scales to its relative cost for most gold blocks & doors
- Block & Player HP heals to full HP at the beginning of a match
- Disallow changes to townpvp during a transponder battle
Some small changes to how fonts are handled:
- Non-english language: will render using entirely system TTF fonts (looks nicer & more consistent than mixing fonts within the same sentence)
- Custom texture pack authors can now dump in chatFont.ttf, questHeaderFont.ttf, and questFont.ttf files into HTMudWeb.zip to change up the in-game fonts
These changes are
only currently being tested on Potato live.
Here's some random fonts for texture pack testing:
A spaceship named Aria crashed into your front yard! Now it's up to you to find the parts she needs to escape Earth.
A humorous adventure gamejam entry for last weekend's jam.
Download (windows only)
- Download v1 - Official Gamejam Submission
- Download v3 - Fixes crash on use item in pool bug [<<recommended download]
Voting has closed, thanks for your votes!
Let's Play Videos
Commands with long results now output to their own windows. This works for: /rewardblocks, /publicpad list, /towns, and /credits.
Speaking of /credits, if you purchased a reward tier that includes a game credit, it's now been added. Thanks!
Special thanks to folks who spotting the ESC crash & scroll speed issues.
If you bought the Second Pocket Universe / Town Expansion tier during Octoberbit and filled out the survey, those have now been delivered / expanded. If you didn't fill out the survey yet, please do.
Have been expanded, enjoy!
Second Pocket Universes
You can get a list of your pocket universes with /listpockets, it will show a map id for each pocket you own.
You can then teleport to each pocket with /telepocket <map id>, ie: /telepocket 123456
In your inventory, you will find a brand new Townstone. Place that in your pocket where you like, then return to the survey. On the main page, there is a new reward option: "Second PU - I received it and placed TS, now ready for expand." Submit that to notify me that you are ready for the town expansion to 5x5.