Transponder backers can now try out Transponders for themselves by:
- Launch game on Potato server
- In web browser, go here
- Click option for Transponders on Potato
- Within 30 seconds, they should show up in your inventory
It's still super early, but you can place a Transponder in your pocket universe and (attempt to) defend it. Right now surviving the full five minute round is very tough, but I'll be doing more balancing on this in future.
Transponders will cause waves of mobs to attack you, including other players if they use a Combatpad (there's one in Potato's Root). Waves will get progressively more difficult, influencing how many mobs/other players are spawned in.
While in a match, players with red name are enemies, green names are allies, and white names are observers (they cannot cause damage to blocks or players).
Please note that mobs/players CAN destroy blocks, so don't have any important blocks you care about (especially plat blocks) in the pocket universe when a Transponder is active.
A couple new things in today's build:
- Alt+Enter = Fullscreen!
- New language option: Japanese. (Not all strings have been translated yet though)
- New language option: Goggles Translate (Just for fun, I ran the Japanese translations through Google translate to get English strings again. :P)
- Raw meat can now be purchased & cooked to taste. Don't leave it on the oven too long or it'll get crispy (thanks for suggestion Dragonslayerwei & Hermit).
- Note there is a known issue with meat shadows currently
- Oven recipes changed up a bit based on suggestions from Sage
- Oven now retains ownership through bake process (thanks for bug report Sage/Value)
- In the wilderness, only the owner can bake using the oven (ovens can still be used by others when in towns)
- Ovens cannot be used across town borders
- Fixed bug where teleportation to a manually created system universe was erroneously denied
- Oven optimization to properly unload inactive ovens
Barring any crash issues, I plan to update Primary with all the Potato test updates soon!
These changes are being tested out on Potato server:
- Food objects can be used in inventory by right clicking them
- Food items can only be used once per 2.5sec to prevent becoming invincible in PvP
- Laser rifle is slightly more expensive (500->600g), while its ammo is significantly less expensive (300->150g)
- Localization note added to spreadsheet
- Fixed bug where sometimes ~ was displayed erroneously in localized text
Also: MegaMap's coordinate system is working again
Please let me know if you spot any new bugs from these changes!
On Potato server, I'm now testing basic localization support. When connected to Potato, on the options screen, you will have an option to select which language to play in. For the most part this doesn't do a whole lot yet as the game isn't yet translated, but in anticipation of going to Tokyo Game Show, I'm working with a friend to get the game translated into Japanese.
Also, you can now type foreign characters into the chat window! I intended this for people chatting in their native language, but instead I fully expect to be inundated with extravagant emoticons shortly ಠ_ಠ ... (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻
If you speak a foreign language, you can also translate the game! In HTMudWeb.zip, open up localization.xls in excel, add a new column, and follow the instructions. You could translate the game to your native language, or just make everything speak in Olde English for your 8BitMMO Middle Ages Feudal England Mod. Either way, should be useful for the modders!
Moving all the strings out of the code and into excel may have resulted in some weird text in places, so if you catch any of those situations on Potato, please report them!
Boxtech is officially out on Primary Server, with not one, but SIX box types to choose from! Containers have been one of the most popular suggestions over the past few years, so I'm very excited to finally have containers available.
- Public Box - anyone can put items in or take items out
- Owner Box - only you can put items in or take items out
- Town Box - only town citizens can put items in or take items out (if not placed inside a town, will function as an owner box)
Each box type comes in a small and large size. Small can handle 500 objects, while large can handle 1,000 objects.
You can carry boxes with you in your inventory, or even put boxes inside other boxes (because physics :P). The box will only count as a single item towards your inventory or region limit.
While near a box, press E to use it. When done, simply press escape to clear all open windows from your screen.
Special thanks to everyone who suggested the idea, and also to those who helped test it -- including Value, Hermit, Snakezxz, Pyoro, Zooty, ToxicPenguin_, El Dromedario, Captain Fearless, alex82, and pixelplayer2. Sorry if I missed anyone
I fixed a bug that was causing the launcher to use way too much CPU. If you use Steam, the update is applied automatically, or download the latest standalone launcher.
PS - Boxtech is up on Potato if you want to test it out!
UPDATE: These two bugs are now fixed:
- /sellallinv no longer sells containers
- Phantom objects are no longer created due to using containers while in object placement mode