A point and click adventure game in a DOSpunk visual style.
Story: A group of youths discover a conspiracy in their town that has destroyed all waves. They take it upon themselves to restore waves to the city! But what is the true purpose of the conspiracy?
Runs about 25 minutes based on our playtester.
Warning: This story gets a bit dark. Intended for mature audiences.
Download / Play
- WebGL (recommend Firefox)
- Windows v3 Download
- Original jam version 1 (for reference, not recommended)
- This game was made in 48 hours (not including a few quick fixes after the jam).
- Intended for play on 720p or 1080p aspect ratio.
- You may post videos of this game to your youtube channel.
Post jam quick fixes:
- UI tidied up
- Intro screen animation added
- WebGL build created
- Fixed phantom Ardito bug
- Fixed bug where you could get the bank vault contents before opening it
Written and implemented by
ASCII Bitmap Font by Creature
Code New Roman by Sam Radian
Pacific Science Center
Thank you for playing.
I was planning to skip Bitmas this year, but setk's bitmas poem inspired me to do Last Minute Bitmas 2016!
All previously registered, non-muted accounts now have full Platscription benefits for the next holiday week (now through 1/2/2017). This includes daily plat, double gold and 9BitMMO access. Just type /platscription in-game (note - you may need to use standalone build for this as I didn't get around to adding steam/kongregate support for platscription).
This weekend I participated in a 48hour game jam. Each participant was randomly assigned a game idea. I received "Business Dogs...? F###, I don't know."
So I designed a game where you acquire knowledge so you CAN know, and in doing so eventually get hired to be a BUSINESS DOG. (If you know enough human business knowledge, people won't realize you're a dog!)
Sneak around and find business knowledge to win!
- Compatible with WASD or X360 controller (you could also rebind Horizontal, Vertical, and Look Axis in input options during startup).
- On the part with the six rotating guards standing around pillars, sometimes they get out of sync and it can make things really difficult / impossible. Sorry.
- Designed for 720p/1080p. Not sure what'll happen on other aspect ratios
Those two guys ^
Unity tips from Chad Jenkins
Impact Label font Michael Tension
Lazy Dog font by Paul Neave
Thanks for playing!
The megamap has been updated (be sure to clear your cache if you want to see the updates)
In what is probably the biggest change to the game economy since platinum was added in 2012, it's now possible to get massive amounts of plat as part of a new $9.99 per month subscription.
What are Platscriptions?
Platscription is a monthly subscription offer intended to A) help cover server costs, and b) to experiment what it would be like to monetize the game as a more affordable subscription business model than as a microtransaction business model.
With the new system, active subscribers can get access to all the platinum features in the game, including all construction & dungeon objects. The only things that would require the old plat packs are high plat clothing items and larger town expansions.
The new system should allow for plat stores to be restocked more easily, allow more players to build dungeons, as well as encourage more daily activity.
What does it include?
- Access to 9BitMMO
Try out this 3D test viewer to see your 8BitMMO creations in glorious 3D (note - 9bitmmo has higher system requirements than 8bitmmo, see 9bitmmo.com).
- Up to 5 ~ 10 plat each day
Use the ‘Grant Plat’ button once per day to set your platinum currency to between 5 ~ 10 plat depending on your activity level and bonus chance.
- 2x gold boost
Earn twice as much gold in PvP and PvE, and the max gold per cycle limit is doubled as well.
How do I get it?
This system is currently only available to players of the standalone or web version of the game (through Stripe credit card payment), although if there is demand, I may expand to support Patreon and/or Steam.
Menu > Get Gold will show a new window for standalone/web players:
Choosing Learn More for Platscription will allow you to access the Platscription window, and if you're a subscriber, claim daily plat:
- /platscription - show platscription information popup window
- /grantplat - request daily allotment of plat (subscribers only)
Misc shop updates
In the shop, the following additional pricing changes have been made:
- Mystery block 3750g -> 2500g
- Expand 250 block 5p -> 8p
- Public pad 12p -> 10p
Added a little Captcha system during registration to make it harder for bots to make accounts.
It works for in-game registration too:
- Fix for clipping through objects when framerate is too low
- Prevent moving into unloaded black space
- Fixed slight hitch while rotating
- Added CTRL+F4 to keep regions loaded in when normally they would be unloaded. This will kill your performance, though.
Two updates for the 9BitMMO client today in build 2055:
You can now press F6 to enable free camera mode to fly around -- great for taking screenshots/videos of your creations.
Use W,A,S,D to move normally. Q,E to go up/down. And hold shift to go fast.
Glitch Mode (experimental)
You can press F5 to enable Glitch Mode, which will every once in a while render glitch artwork correctly. This comes at the cost of a) much lower framerate, and b) making everything else render incorrectly. The long term solution is probably smaller blocks to do glitch artwork 'properly', but in the meantime you can get some nice renders using this technique:
It tends to work most frequently in the normal camera mode (no rotation mode).
Two issues fixed on 9BitMMO. First, sometimes the game would crash in certain areas due to underground objects. Second, sometimes transparent objects had a box around them. Both are now fixed.