A couple new things in today's build:
- Alt+Enter = Fullscreen!
- New language option: Japanese. (Not all strings have been translated yet though)
- New language option: Goggles Translate (Just for fun, I ran the Japanese translations through Google translate to get English strings again. :P)
This weekend, I participated in a gamejam event, where people come together to make a game in 30 hours.
- Raw meat can now be purchased & cooked to taste. Don't leave it on the oven too long or it'll get crispy (thanks for suggestion Dragonslayerwei & Hermit).
- Note there is a known issue with meat shadows currently
- Oven recipes changed up a bit based on suggestions from Sage
- Oven now retains ownership through bake process (thanks for bug report Sage/Value)
- In the wilderness, only the owner can bake using the oven (ovens can still be used by others when in towns)
- Ovens cannot be used across town borders
- Fixed bug where teleportation to a manually created system universe was erroneously denied
- Oven optimization to properly unload inactive ovens
Barring any crash issues, I plan to update Primary with all the Potato test updates soon!
These changes are being tested out on Potato server:
- Food objects can be used in inventory by right clicking them
- Food items can only be used once per 2.5sec to prevent becoming invincible in PvP
- Laser rifle is slightly more expensive (500->600g), while its ammo is significantly less expensive (300->150g)
- Localization note added to spreadsheet
- Fixed bug where sometimes ~ was displayed erroneously in localized text
Also: MegaMap's coordinate system is working again 🙂
Please let me know if you spot any new bugs from these changes!
On Potato server, I'm now testing basic localization support. When connected to Potato, on the options screen, you will have an option to select which language to play in. For the most part this doesn't do a whole lot yet as the game isn't yet translated, but in anticipation of going to Tokyo Game Show, I'm working with a friend to get the game translated into Japanese.
Also, you can now type foreign characters into the chat window! I intended this for people chatting in their native language, but instead I fully expect to be inundated with extravagant emoticons shortly ಠ_ಠ ... (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻
If you speak a foreign language, you can also translate the game! In HTMudWeb.zip, open up localization.xls in excel, add a new column, and follow the instructions. You could translate the game to your native language, or just make everything speak in Olde English for your 8BitMMO Middle Ages Feudal England Mod. Either way, should be useful for the modders! 🙂
Moving all the strings out of the code and into excel may have resulted in some weird text in places, so if you catch any of those situations on Potato, please report them!