I jokingly asked Grim yesterday "how i mine for fish?" Today he built an area where I mined for fish, lol
Thanks to everyone who made entries for the contest!
I have not one, but TWO winners to share with you, along with many other cool entries.
Winner - Obliquely
Obliquely made a two layer maze surrounding a secret fossil inside. Can you navigate the maze and discover the fossil? I have linked a telepad to it from Origin (top row of telepads, #5 from left) so you can try navigating it yourself.
Winner - ElDromedario
Check out this archaeological dig site (a popular theme this contest?):
Explore it yourself by taking a telepad from Origin, located south of the Origin start point.
Other Awesome Entries
Ender made a couple in-game constructions:
Grim made a statue of me:
Nibrudly made some fanfic (which I think Nib is going to upload to the fanfic wiki?)
Obliquely made a number of other entries too, including some mob designs and a tileset for building in-world text:
P_taro made a restaurant:
Pikachu789 made... this?
Zloc6 made a self-sculpture:
Don't forget to enter the Make Something Awesome contest and get some gold: http://t.co/FmxI0Ioa - Contest closes Monday!
Good progress on new engine this week... here's a first screenshot of it (WIP):
Wow. I just noticed we crossed 45k total registered players. My mind is blown!
Alright, time for a new contest! I am combining several of the contest ideas together for a 'Make Something Awesome' contest. The rules are simple:
- Make something awesome related to 8BitMMO (either in-game or out of game)
- It must be NEW (created on 9/10 or later)
- E-mail me a picture and description of it to sim9+MakeSomethingAwesome@editingarchive.com. Please include your username if you want credit
- For the picture, please use JPEG, PNG, or GIF image formats. Here is a guide on how to take a screenshot in windows.
Everyone who enters (with a sufficiently awesome entry) will receive 250 gold! I will also be highlighting my favorite entries in a wrap-up blog post once the contest finishes.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make some really cool voxel art in-game
- Make an interesting house in-game
- Create an exciting dungeon in-game
- Write some fan-fiction for the wiki (I am hoping to do this too ;))
- Create some nice fan-art based on characters/locations in the game
- Create artwork for some new tiles that you'd like to see
- Or make something else!
PLUS: The entry I like the most will receive a 1,250g+10p pack!
Contest closes in two weeks - at noon US Pacific time on Sept 24th.
Legal notes: By entering this contest, you consent to your creation image, description & your screen name being posted on 8BitMMO publications. No purchase required. Retail value of this prize is ~$4.99. Winner will be posted to http://blog.8bitmmo.net
"Madam, you are suffering from crocodile." So awesome <3 http://t.co/KNsN2dZp