One of the most frequently heard requests is for ranged weapons, and so I'm happy to announce completion of the first ranged weapon: the Pixel Gun.
Head on over to the shop to get your very own Pixel Gun - it's a gold item, so everyone can enjoy
I swear my business phone line is called exclusively by 80/90 year old people trying to reach some sort of home repair company.
The much requested whisper / private message support is in! Now you can do one of these to send another player your message:
- /w <player name> <message>
Example: /w Sim9 Hello there
- /w <player name>|<message>
Example /w Sim9|Hello there
This second version is useful if the player has a space in their name. IE: /w Three Word Name|hello there
The message will not be shown publicly, nor will it be shown in IRC. Whispers are still logged though, in case of abuse.
Fixed a rare issue where regions sometimes counted players & quests against region object quota (only really relevant for City of Origin)
Are you ready to eat your friends' brains out? Then head into the shop and check out the new Races submenu. There's one entry so far, Zombie.
Select this to turn yourself into a Zombie! From there, you must seek out delicious (and nutritious!) brains. As normal, players in town are safe from attacks, but anyone in the wilderness is fair game (hehe, see what I did there?). Run on up to them and hit spacebar to nom on them. After you've eaten their delicious brain, they will be a zombie too! That will stave off your hunger... for a while. Once you die, or Respawn, you will turn back into a Human.
Your text will also be appropriately zombified
Other patch notes for build 588:
- Health now regenerates on Menu > Respawn
- /sellallinv had an issue correctly calculating the value of blocks that were almost worthless -- that is now fixed.
- Shop tool tips can now be multiple lines, and have extra padding. They also will now flip to be on the left of the mouse pointer if there is not enough space to fully show on the right.
- Fixed an issue where swords wouldn't be autoselected if you just bought one
I love that folks are coming up with unofficial 8BitMMO fanfiction: http://t.co/GsReYyex