You may have noticed last week the version number increment up to 'S8.0.' I've had a couple queries about this, so I thought I'd explain:
S8.0 represents the past ~3months of work on the project. The major new features are:
- New playable race: Zombies -- Become a zombie and nom on your friends. It's infectiously fun!
- The MegaMap -- Browse the massive world through a familiar web map interface.
- Player Trading -- Trade items and gold with other players.
- More Control of your City -- Limit access to your town with town doors and grant trusted player citizens more power by making them 'Town Officials.'
- Player Customization -- Change player color and wear shirts, accessories, and hats.
Numerous additional updates include a new weapon (the Pixel Pistol), whisper support, additional anti-grief protections, basic inventory sell-back support, and performance improvements. If you've been playing regularly, you've seen these features be released individually already as one of the multiple times a week updates.
Since the initial public announcement of 8BitMMO less than three months ago over 30,000 players have registered to play the game. This is amazing, and I hope this momentum continues! It gives me great satisfaction to see folks playing & enjoying the game.
Special thanks to everyone who has submitted ideas via the suggestion box. Many of the new features in the s8 update were inspired from the top voted suggestions. Keep 'em coming
I'm already seeing people share the new trailer -- thanks so much! To provide a potential reward to those kind folks (and give incentive for the rest of you! :P), I am hereby launching the Social Media is Awesome Sweepstakes.
Three lucky winners will receive 2,100 gold and 16 plat! And since the last time I ran a contest only one person entered your chances are pretty good 😉
Here's how to play:
- Like us on Facebook
- Share the S8.0 trailer with your friends via facebook/twitter/carrier pigeon/whatever
- Send me a screenshot of your awesome sharing to PR+SMASweepstakes@ArchiveEntertainment.com (please feel free to blur/crop to just the relevant post. Also, please use JPEG, PNG, or GIF image formats. Here is a guide on how to take a screenshot in windows.)
Sweepstakes ends in two weeks - June 12th. I will randomly choose three entrants and e-mail them a game token to redeem.
Boring legal stuff: I am not affiliated with facebook/twitter/zuul/etc. No purchase necessary to win. Approximate cash value of each prize is $10.
Good luck, and thanks for your support!
Woot, vidcap all done -- thanks everyone who starred in it!
Doing video capture for trailer NOW, also you might see some weird streaming issues over the next hour
Hop on the server ~4PM PDT tomorrow afternoon for a chance of being immortalized in the S8 video trailer
S8 trailer will be available later this week or early next week, and will feature music by Electric Children! http://t.co/mriPXv1g
Build #626 released with (much) better username text rendering: