New server update today to help with performance / decrease lag:
- Several performance fixes here & there.
- You no longer can carry more than 250 items in your inventory (very large numbers of items in your inventory were the biggest source of lag)
- Only the first 500 inventory items will be sent to you if you have over 500. Place them and relogin to access the next 500. Or, sell everything with one command (see below)
- A given region is limited to no more than 1000 items. Currently only three regions have more than this, so it shouldn't be a big issue. (Also, at ~500 items/region the client starts to lag. By 1K it's rather choppy. May need to adjust this limit more in future, and/or do client-side optimization to support it).
- You can sell all items in your inventory with the command /sellallinv.
- You will sell back items to the shop at 1/5 current retail price.
- Plat items are NOT affected.
- Items you have placed in the world already are NOT affected.
- Free grass tiles (dark grass, not light grass) are sold at .05/unit, since they are not purchasable via the shop, and are generally worthless.
- I plan to make a drag&drop version of this in future so you can sell back specific items.
- If you have a LOT of items in your inventory, you may need to execute the command multiple times to sell them all.
This patch helps with lag, but I still have more work to do -- expect more fixes tomorrow!